Women treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Crewe home

By Gwyn Griffiths

7th Dec 2021 | Local News

PARAMEDICS treated a woman for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Crewe yesterday (Sunday).

Two fire engines from Crewe attended the kitchen fire at a property in Fairburn Avenue after 3pm.

Officers found a small fire involving cooking on a hob and the woman who was suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. She was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus inside the property. One of them extinguished the fire in the kitchen with a hose reel jet and then a large fan was used to clear the property of smoke.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service say you can read about kitchen cooking safety here.

Share:

Related Articles

Jo Hatton from Crewe suffered a stroke 11 years ago. She has drawn a painting for the St Luke's Hospice auction (Crewe Nub News).
Local News

Crewe artist's talents set to go under the hammer - 11 years after suffering from stroke

A memorial plaque, remembering Mr John White, who died of cancer in 2020 (Jonathan White).
Local News

Memorial concert held in memory of much-loved former Crewe headteacher

Nub News Logo

Sign-up to the Crewe Nub News weekly newsletter

Subscribe now for weekly updates of local news and sport from your town. Plus what's on near where you live - and local homes for sale. All delivered straight to your in-box, every Friday.

We won't pass your details on to anyone else. By clicking the sign-up button you agree to our Privacy Policy.