Firefighters rush to house blaze in Crewe after 'materials' left on cooker top
By Ryan Parker
6th Feb 2023 | Local News
Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service firefighters rushed to house blaze in Crewe - after 'materials' were left on a cooker top.
The incident on Philip Taylor Drive, Leighton, happened at 7:02pm on Friday (February 3).
One fire engine from Crewe quickly arrived at the scene - assessing the situation.
The Crewe firefighters found a fire in the kitchen of a Leighton property.
Materials were left on a cooker top, which had then started to smoulder.
Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a large fan to clear smoke from the property.
No one was hurt during the incident.
A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire on Philip Taylor Drive in Crewe.
"They used two breathing apparatus and a large fan to clear smoke from the property.
"The incident was caused by materials that had been left on a cooker top, which had then begun to smoulder."
Kitchen safety advice can be found on Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's website HERE.
READ MORE: New 'traditional' pie and mash eatery set to open in Crewe town centre.
Free from clickbait, pop-up ads and unwanted surveys, Crewe Nub News is a quality online newspaper for our town.
Subscribe to our FREE weekly newsletter email HERE - just click the 'SIGN UP' button.
Please consider following Crewe Nub News on Facebook or Twitter.