Women treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Crewe home

  Posted: 06.12.21 at 09:24 by Gwyn Griffiths

us on Facebook

  See our new Community section




PARAMEDICS treated a woman for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Crewe yesterday (Sunday).

Two fire engines from Crewe attended the kitchen fire at a property in Fairburn Avenue after 3pm.

Officers found a small fire involving cooking on a hob and the woman who was suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. She was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.

Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus inside the property. One of them extinguished the fire in the kitchen with a hose reel jet and then a large fan was used to clear the property of smoke.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service say you can read about kitchen cooking safety here.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
CHESHIRE East Council is forecasting a £2.2m overspend at the end of the financial year, which is 0.7 per cent of its annual budget. A report to l...
Read more...

Upcoming Crewe Event...

That'll be the Day

That’ll Be The Day reaches another milestone this year as it celebrates its 35th anniversary. Unashamedly nostalgic and relentlessly entertaining...



Event

Share: