Two people from Crewe charged following investigation into drug supply at Cheshire prison
By Ryan Parker
7th Jul 2022 | Local News
Detectives investigating the supply of drugs into a prison in Cheshire have now charged nine people - with two of them from Crewe.
In January 2021, detectives conducted five warrants in Crewe and Alsager following an investigation into the supply of drugs at HMP Risley, Warrington.
Following further enquiries, nine people have now been charged.
Thurlus Smith, 33, of Waldrons Lane, Crewe has been charged alongside Katie Bickerton, 21, of Barnabas Avenue within the town.
The other seven charged are as follows:
- Charlie Swann, 25, of no fixed address
- Anita Swann, 54, of Meadow Lane, Liverpool
- Nicole Sims, 26, of Lawton Road, Alsager
- Daniel Johnson, 27, of Woodside Avenue, Alsager
- Susan Dodd, 54, of Lawtongate Estate, Church Lawton
- Aaron Dodd, 30, of Cartwright Road, Haslington
- Matthew Cooke, 33, of Grove Court, Alsager
All been charged with acquiring criminal property.
They have also been charged with conveying a list 'A' prohibited article into prison, conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (cocaine and heroin) and conspiracy to supply class B drug (cannabis resin).
All nine will appear at Warrington Magistrates' Court on 2 August 2022.
Free from clickbait, pop-up ads and unwanted surveys, Crewe Nub News is a quality online newspaper for our town.